Have any of you guys felt as if your writing has just hit the ceiling? haha, of course, not in the literal sense... but i mean, have you ever felt like you just can't express what you want to convey with words?
I was trying to write a post on how what I was going through these days just a couple moments ago, but instead i found myself staring blankly at my computer screen. I knew exactly what i wanted to say, but i had no idea how th hell i wanted to say it. haha...
When i'm writing, i have a very peculiar thought process. Actually, I can't even call it process, because it's more like an electric impulse of words and thoughts that comes to mind out of the blue, then onto a page. I call it word vomit, heh.
I've really only been able to describe with this one picture: it's as if I am running and jumping around in a huge green field, trying to randomly catch one butterfly out of a bajillion that are flying frantically in the sky.
yep. it's THAT random.
Somehow, if that "butterfly" (aka idea) that i happen to catch fits what's on my heart and mind, i run with it and create an image. Of course, it takes a lot of backtracking and editing to complete what I want to say, but in the end, the puzzle pieces come together.
Knowing this, and knowing how eclectic my thought process is, I really wish I can become a person who is skilled with words. I earnestly desire to be someone who can utter and write piercing words that are meaningful, thought provoking, and profound.
Where do I start? are good writers just born, or are they created? what do you think?
No comments:
Post a Comment